5th and 6th of June 2024 in Bamberg
Increasing power consumption, CO₂ reduction, growing urbanization and mobility combined with progressing automation and digitalization – all of these future megatrends are impossible without efficient production technologies and systems. The electrification of powertrains in all kinds of mobility is considered crucial, as the whole mobility sector is facing difficulties resulting from the substitution of conventional propulsion technologies. Besides advancing ideas on the design of new propulsion technologies, the organization of the manufacturing processes and systems is of utmost importance.
The CIRP sponsored Conference on Production Technologies and Systems for E-Mobility offers an outstanding platform for the exchange of experiences from developers, researchers and potential users.
The focus of the conference is set on the presentation of highly innovative products from various industries as well as manufacturing processes and strategies. Additionally there will be an accompanying industrial exhibition poster presentation and an associated program.
Futher information can be found in the Call for Papers. To register or submit a scientific or industrial contribution, please fill out the appropriate forms at the bottom of the page. In case you or your company is interested in supporting the conference via a small sponsorship please reach out to us. Additional information can be found in the Call for Supporters.
Power Electronics Production
- Automated processes and machinery for the manufacturing of power electronics
- New joining technologies, e.g. silver sintering, diffusion soldering, transient liquid phase soldering (TLPS), thick wire bonding
- New material systems, e.g. Cu instead of Al
- New durability tests, e.g. active power cycling, H3TRB, HTGB / HTGSP
- Application of mechatronic integrated devices (MID)
Electric Drives Production
- Automated processes and machinery for the manufacturing of electric drives
- Alternative motor technologies for EVs, e.g. reluctance motor, PM synchrony
- Higher system integration, e.g. integrated power electronics, integrated cooling system
- Alternative winding technologies, e.g. (Continuous-) Hairpin instead of round enameled wire, basket insertion instead of pull-in insertion
- New joining technologies, e.g. ultrasonic or induction supported instead of hot crimping or laser welding instead of crimping
Production Technologies for Power Supply
- Automated processes and machinery for the manufacturing of stationary charging systems
- Technological developments in automated processes for manufacturing of inductive charging systems or dynamic charging systems
- Automated processes and machinery for the manufacturing of fuel cells and hydrogen storage systems
- Highly specialized cutting and joining operations for cell production
- Handling systems for stack components with highest precision and dynamics
- High quality forming and joining technologies for production of hydrogen storage systems
- Lifecycle Assessment
- Lifecycle Assessment in production environments and link to absolute sustainability
- Influencing factors on energy consumption of electric vehicles in all phases of the product lifecycle
- Optimization potentials in manufacturing processes
- Integrating the carbon footprint into economic evaluations
- Automated processes and machinery for the manufacturing of Li-ion batteries and post-lithium material systems
- New electrolyte systems, e.g. solid instead of liquid
- New electrode materials, e.g. Si-based instead of Li-or C-based
- Integration instead of modularization techniques
- Design for remanufacturing and recycling
- Systems and machinery for the manufacturing of electrified aviation
- Systems and machines for the manufacturing of ground-based E-Mobility
- Systems and machines for the manufacturing of electrified nautical mobility
Experts of industry and science are invited to present a contribution on the topics listed or on other topics that correspond to the general subject of the conference. Abstracts of about 300 words containing significant facts should be submitted online in English to the conference office containing the following information:
- Title of the contribution
- Subject / topic of the contribution
- 3 – 6 keywords
- Full name, organization or company, postal and email addresses of all authors
Submitted abstracts will be examined before a full paper (Scientific Contribution) or presentation (Industrial Contribution) can be uploaded.
In particular, experts of industry are invited to present an issue within an application-oriented industrial track without the necessity of preparing a fullpaper.
After the acceptance of your abstract, the presentation / slides will be published in the accompanying industrial transcript.
The application-oriented contribution is an ideal platform for exhibitors and non-exhibitors to present technologies.
Before accepting full papers (Scientific Contributions) or presentations (Industrial Contributions), all submitted abstracts will undergo evaluation. Scientific full papers will undergo a rigorous review process before achieving final acceptance. It is intended that the E|PTS proceedings, which will include all scientifically accepted papers, will be submitted for inclusion into IEEE Xplore subject to meeting IEEE Xplore’s scope and quality requirements.
VENUE, ACCOMMODATION AND CONFERECE FEE
Venue and Accommodation
Until 22 Nov 2023
TABLE TOP EXHIBITION
E|PTS 2024 will be completed by a comprehensive Table Top exhibition. Companies, research institutes and other organizations will be offered the opportunity to present their products and services to all participants. It is a perfect opportunity to meet your target audience. Detailed technical discussions will be guaranteed.
Prof. Franke J., Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg
Prof. Jung M., Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg
Local Organizing Committee
Dr. Kühl A., Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg
International Program Committee
Prof. Fleischer J., Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
Prof. Biswas W. K., Curtin University
Prof. Mpofu K., Tshwane University of Technology
Prof. Tracht K., University of Bremen
Prof. Ihlenfeldt S., TU Dresden
Prof. Mourtzis D., University of Patras
Prof. Dietrich F., TU Berlin
Prof. Putnik G., University of Minho
Prof. Söderberg R., Chalmers University of Technology
Dr. Ansari F., TU Wien
Prof. Battaïa O., Kedge Business School Bordeaux
Prof. Ceglarek D., University of Warwick
Prof. El Mansori M., MSMP Laboratory
Prof. Papakostas N., University College Dublin
Prof. Monostori L., Institute for Computer Science and Control
Prof. Vrabič R., University of Ljubljana
Prof. Nassehi A., University of Bristol
Prof. Thiede S., University of Twente
Prof. Sutherland J.W., Purdue University
Dr. Dakao T., Linköping University
Prof. Schlund S., TU Wien
Prof. Zaeh M., Technical University of Munich