In the development towards more sustainability, transparency about the origin and manufacturing conditions of products is particularly important. One metric often used from an emissions perspective is the so-called Product Carbon Footprint (PCF). In order to establish this for a product, information about the purchased parts is necessary. Accordingly, certified emissions data must be available across several levels of the supply chain. This is the goal of the FAPS as a member of the ESTAINIUM Association.
The aim of this work is to develop a suitable digital infrastructure for this purpose. On the basis of verifiable credentials (Hyperledger Aries), partners of the IDUnion network should be able to exchange verified and traceable product-related characteristic values. Further components are the DIDComm messaging protocol and ACA-Py.
- Learn about verifiable credentials
- Conceptual design and development of a suitable IT architecture
- Verification of the concept and integration in an exemplary use case
Previous knowledge and references
- Solid Python knowledge
- Independent approach to work and problem solving
- Interest in sustainability issues
- Start possible immediately
- Possible in German and English
- Cooperation with industrial companies possible