With the new era of robotics, we are looking towards more and more robots working alongside humans in unconstrained environments. For the deployment of robots in such unstructured environments and to allow them to interact with their surroundings it is essential to equip them with smart sensors and actuators. Due to the lack of inherent compliance in conventional actuators like motors, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems, this project looks towards the development of compliant and efficient muscle actuators using DEA for robotic systems.
The project includes the following topics:
- 3D printing of stacked DEA layers
- Complete actuator system development
- Validation and verification of some key system properties
- Knowledge in the field of system development
- Experience with 3D printing
- Basic knowledge in the field of mechatronics
If interested, please e-mail a current CV.